Visibility, statistics and detection of anomalies
The basis of MDSP is constituted by accurate and detailed visibility of all connected devices. Within only a few hours of connecting to the IoT infrastructure (via a TAP or SPAN port), Medigate passively identifies devices and begins providing accurate and detailed information about IoT and medical devices connected to the network.
This means that the basic version of MDSP offers the following primary functionalities: „
- Detection of anomalies and alerting - identifies risks, including plaintext login credentials, unencrypted personal health information (PHI), vulnerabilities and outdated versions. „
- Network communication mapping - maps relationships between devices (world map, communication matrix, VLAN matrix, and more).
- Threat Intelligence – provides tailored indicators of compromise which are specific to healthcare and devices identified in the network.
- Vulnerability assessment – MDSP passively assesses and correlates IoT and IoMT device vulnerabilities without the need for login credentials.
The solution is further extended by three modules which expand the basic part to include more detailed, specific attributes and information which significantly refine the resulting outputs provided by the solution. These are the Clinical Cyber Hygiene, Network Policy Management and Clinical Device Efficiency modules.
- Continuous promotion of protective and preventive security policies for individual medical devices.
- Reduction of security vulnerabilities and risks associated with successful cyberattacks. „
- Prevention of infections spreading to the rest of the infrastructure.
- Collection of useful information about management of the IoMT and devices connected to the IoT.
Medigate offers the most extensive platform integration capability in the field of medicine, allowing you to easily extend your existing security infrastructure into an already established healthcare environment.
Among others, it is for example able to feed all of the information which is collected, such as complex profiles of individual devices and information about risks allowing for better decision-making, into NGFW, NAC, SIEM and CMMS solutions.
Everything starts with detailed identification of every medical device in the network. Using deep packet inspection, Medigate provides unique identifiers for individual devices, including configuration, usage, performance and location.
The ability to tag medical devices by function type, supplier and model name allows for more detailed policy management op- tions. Medigate also ensures that tags remain up-to-date by constantly monitoring changes in device network properties, such as the IP address and software version.